Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The first

The first picture that I ever took that really "hit" me was this one, taken overlooking the Gila River in New Mexico in 2004. I took the picture first in full color, looked at the screen on my little HP Photosmart camera and didn't like it and switched to B/W and snapped it again. And really loved it.



I'm still very, very much in the learning how to phase. I doubt I'll ever get out of it! And Lord knows that I realize just having a nice camera or two doesn't make me a "photographer", just someone who has a coupla nice cameras.

Reading through some Ansel Adams' quotes tonight, I came across this one that I really liked:
When words become unclear, I shall focus with photographs. When images become inadequate, I shall be content with silent.

No comments:

Post a Comment